From:
"Derek D. Gordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek D. Gordon
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 20:48:03 -0500
Score was actually 5-3.  It was a very physical and hard fought game.  MSU
was, however, the better team beating Michigan for the second time this
season and ending Michigan's hope of winning ten GLI's in a row.

This was MSU's sixth GLI win, but first since 1985 (felt like 1885).
Actually, all four games were GREAT.  The MSU vs MTU wasn't decided until
the late third period, and St. Lawrence gave Michigan a hell of a game.
The third place game went to MTU with a final of 6-5.  Perhaps I'm bias, but
I thought MSU was very crisp Sunday evening against Michigan (everyone
looked a bit slow Saturday) and showed why they are ranked so high.
Michigan played better than they did when they hosted MSU at Yost earlier in
the season.  That game, in my opinion, was no contest.  MSU was much faster
and clearly more talented that day.  The GLI however was
different....Michigan looked great.

derek