From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 22:08:34 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Cheryl A. Morris) wrote:

Stop getting on the referees.  That's all I have to say.  It went both
ways, so how is that inconsistent?  RPI got called, Colgate got
called.  I see it every single game.  Get off Harry and all the refs.

Sure there is stuff going on, and maybe it should be called, maybe it
shouldn't have been.  The players and coaches have to cope, and if
they don't they have no one to blame but themselves.

>People out on the list hate to hear fans whine about officiating.  So do
>I.  But it's really a strange relationship between Harry Emmian and RPI:
>I have begun to think that Harry really dislikes the Engineers.  Of course
>the constant harassment from the RPI fans gives him more than enough
>reason, but it's a pretty serious charge that one official is biased
>against a specific team.  This year's antics though do appear to back up
>the indictment.
<snip>
>I don't understand what is going on.  I don't think Harry is the worst
>official in the ECAC.  But something snaps in his mind when he steps foot
>on the Houston sheet.

>And while I agree with Mark's assessment that Harry's reffing did not hand
>Colgate a victory, they earned it with their play, his calls did seriously
>disrupt the tempo.  Colgate adapted, the Engineers did not.

Exactly.

Jayson