From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:45:33 -0500
In a message dated 11/26/97 4:21:51 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

<<Folks, I've got to step in here.

The postings concerning the Boston Globe story about U. of Maine has
caused some passionate feelings to surface.  Some posts have come
through  where those feelings have been expressed in such a way that
other posters may feel challenged or attacked.

I didn't pick up anything derogatory in any Hockey L postings...am I not
getting some of the good stuff?? I am under the impression we are discussing
hockey here....not Tupperware or Poetry...Let's not be so sensitive...thats
what a moderator is for and I have never seen anything offensive come across
the wire. This is America....freedom of speech and all...let's not get all
caught up in this 90's PC garbage. I love the game of hockey and I love all
fans of hockey and I also know hockey fans are the most emotional and
voiciferous fans there is. If the "slightly offended" people remember this
then we all win...

Randy May
http://members.aol.com/Al20Secord/Randyshabit.html