From:
Nathan Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:36:54 EST5DST
MARK,

    With all due respect, I believe that the comments made regarding
the RPI / Niagara game were unwarranted.  NU's program, although
fledgling, is a program to contend with.  Coach MacDonald has not
only constructed a team but also a program, that within the next five
years, will become a seasoned prgram to contend with.  While RPI may
have been ranked in the top 10 last week, I do not think it is fair
to say that NU did not belong on the ice with RPI.  After a cursory
glance at the box score you provided, it seems to me ( I am no math
major) that NU outshot RPI (in at least the 1st period) and the
shots were pretty even there after.  If anything,  NU should be given
accolades that they are and will be a team to contend with.  Given
the location of the 2 schools, this may create some sort of a natural
rivalry in years to come.  It seems that through dedication, hard
work, and a lot of heart and balls that the Purple Eagles are going
to surprise not only many teams this year but also their fans.

Respectfully Yours

Nathan S Bennett
St. Bonaventure Univ.
Class of '98