From:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 09:51:50 -0500
At 05:16 PM 11/15/97 -0500, Andrew J. Weise wrote:

>Outside of the Beanpot, I don't know any other pair of major Division I
>schools that have an annual non-conference game against each other.
>The only pair of schools that I can think of that are as close to
>each other as Union & RPI are Clarkson & St. Lawrence. To my knowledge,
>they don't have anything like this. IMO, they probably should.....

Providence and Brown play annually for the Mayor's Cup. Occasionally the
mayor even shows up. Likewise, even though it's probably only 3 miles
between the two campuses there's rarely more than an average size (read
small) crowd regardless of which team is the host. There just isn't much
rivalry between the two teams.

-Bill