From:
"Allen @ Deb Bibeau" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen @ Deb Bibeau
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 19:26:58 -0500
I find all of this discussion about whether the polls are "correct" this
early in the season rather interesting.  I did want to make a point
regarding North Dakota's loss to Minnesota.  I watched both games, and ND
came out very strong near the end of the game they lost an nearly pulled it
off.  Given that the only game they had under their belt was an exhibition
vs Manitoba while Minnesota had already played 5 games says something.  To
say that they should have fallen from grace on that one game is a bit much.
 I think North Dakota earned the right to play king of the hill until
someone proves better then them.  Right now, it is too early to say that
has been done.

One thing that amazed me was it took as long as it did for Minnesota to
fall out of the top ten. I've seen all of the games so far on MSC and think
they need a lot more work if they want to be considered contenders.

Al