From:
Jason Wichern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 17:21:01 -0500
Since I attended UMass and was an avid fan of the team (worked for them the
past 2 years) I know all the important info...

Ticket availability---- Very good.  Center Ice--  Earlier you get there,
better chance at center ice.   The seating on the visitors side of the ice is
general admission (sit wherever you want)  The only drawback is you are
grouped in with the UMass students.  Best sections are Section S, T, and U.
 Best seats are the top few rows of the lower section.  Visitors (if there is
a group of them) sit on the visitor's side of the ice.

Local Hotels--  A couple of choices-  1.  Campus Center Hotel.  I dont
recommend it.
2.  Holiday Inn (not sure about this... cant remember)-  Located about 2 min
driving distance from the Mullins Center.  Located at the intersection of Rt.
116 and Rt. 9.
Take University Dr. to Route 9 and go west for 1/2 mile...  Located on left
hand side next to Staples.  Best choice..  right near a few restaurants.
 Couple of minutes away from downtown Amherst.

Doors open an hour before the game starts.  You can usually get very good
seats until warmups start... then people start showing up.

Any other questions...  email me.

I will be happy to help.

-Jay...