From:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:55:14 -0500
>Old Lynah was really shaking for the last three minutes of this one!!

Indeed the crowd was shaking.  As the Cornell Sun put it this morning, the
crowd nearly blew the roof off the building.  So, by the grace of G-d (or
Coach Schafer - opinion on whether there's a difference will be entertained
at this time) the Pep Band has two wins recorded for posterity. {for all
those who had expressed concern that there would be a problem if this were
not the case :) }
In fact, the crowd noise at the game end put our meters in the red inside
the recording booth.  I failed to notice the dB reading though.

I was very impressed with the play of Jeff Holawaty (the Brown goaltender)
through 56 minutes.  He faced a great many shots, made some good saves, and
played very well.  But the shots he failed to save in the final four
minutes were by no means more difficult than those he stopped earlier.  A
case of just shooting the puck at the net and some will go in eventually?
Perhaps.  Is Brown somehow finding a way to loose?  Perhaps, and that would
be a shame, since it seems new coach Roger Grillo has them playing a whole
lot better than last year.  The skill level of the Bruins was much higher,
not due to more individual talent, I don't think that's the case, they just
played better hockey.  If the mindset can change, Brown may yet turn it
around.  However, coming from 2 & 3 goal leads to loose won't help that.

The previous night had J.R. Prestifilippo looking rather unimpressive,
letting in 5 on just 23 shots.  And none of the goals were by any means
unstoppable.  He was just beaten.  By Keith Peach and Jeff Oates one-on-one
and by some nice, but not fancy shots from the slot.  Not impressive.

Somebody find us a power play, please.  0-17 or something on the weekend,
with a shg given up.  Not good.

2-0 in the ECAC, and tied with Yale and RPI.  So far, so good.