From:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:15:14 -0500
Of all the folks I talked to about the game (many), only one person claimed
to have seen another game where both goalies were pulled (at different
times).

We also discussed that the only way you'd EVER POSSIBLY get a situation
where both teams pull the goalie at the same time is during a tied game at
the end of the season where both teams absolutely needed a win for some
sort of standings situation - where a tie was truly the same as a loss.
 Even then, I think that both coaches would have to decide to pull their
goalies simultaneously - if I were coaching and the other team pulled their
goalie first, I'd probably bet more heavily on getting an empty net goal
than getting the first goal during 6 on 6.

In any case - what a bizarre game.  Tough weekend for Brown, but I hope it
served as a wake-up call for Cornell.

Robb Newman