From:
William Groskreutz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Groskreutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:57:03 -0600
On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Doug Garn wrote:

:>As far as I'm concerned, if you post a box without any penalties you
:>might as well just post the score and not go to the extra work to post a
:>incomplete/inadequate box.
:>
:>Anyone else agree or disagree?

I tend to agree, but I'm not going to argue with those who don't post
complete boxes.  If the poster doesn't want to post the penalties,
they don't have to.  If you go to uscollegehockey.com and look at
their boxes, they don't have penalties listed, just the number of
penalties and total penalty time for each team.

When I posted box scores last year, I tried to include the penalty
info as accurately as I could.  Most of the time, I wasn't at the game
so I was getting the info off the VCR tape.  They tell you a penalty
is happening, but often times they don't tell you the time of the
penalty so I had to approximate.

bill

 William Groskreutz III                Disclaimer:  All opinions
 [log in to unmask]                   are my own and not that of
 http://www.cloudnet.com/~wgrosk       Cloudnet.

    _O_      \\O_       _O_       _O//      \_O_/  |\       \_O_/    He Shoots!