From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:58:10 -0600
>Mike,I appreciate all your efforts in promotion of college hockey over
the
>years but please, correct me publicly if I am wrong, those who are
>compiling (or who have access to) scoring stats for a game also have
the
>ability to compile penalties as well. I know I do.  If USCHO provides
>summaries of the game, how much more of an effort is it to include the
>penalty stats?  No more than 5 minutes of the person's time. I know
this is
>not your responsibility, but it is frustrating for me that the penalty
>stats do not even appear in our on-line bible, USCHO.  Someone has to
get
>this information out!

People amaze me.  You give 'em an inch, they want six -- you give 'em a
yard, they want three.

It's the same thing I face now as PR guy for the Quad City Mallards.  I
started in August and completely revamped the web site.  Last year, it
was updated each month --- now it's updated daily.  The box is there an
hour after the game.  But if I'm on the road with no access to the Net,
then the boxes don't get posted until I get home ---
      And people COMPLAIN.  I mean they genuinely get upset.  What is
wrong with them?  Last year they got nothing.

How can you possibly complain about USCHO.  There's one guy typing in
boxscores.  Let me tell you that penalties would take about 10 minutes,
not 5 -- Multiply that by at least 15 games and you now know why
penalties aren't included.

As far as I'm concerned, putting in penalities is a minor luxury.  I'm
completely uninterested in the penalties.  They only get in the way --
especially from posters who mix the penalties in with the goals.

People act as if they have a RIGHT to information.  Settle down.

AW