From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 11:05:55 -0600
On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Greenie wrote:

> Yale 2, Clarkson 1
>
> Is the ECAC achieving true parity in strength or do some of these teams
> need refueling? Are these recent results due to better draft classes -- or
> the lack thereof?

Well, in Clarkson's case a couple of things should be noted.

Yale beat Clarkson at Clarkson last year, at about this time of year. So
it may be a case where Yale matches up well to Clarkson, for some reason.

The other thing is that Clarkson usually starts the season slowly.
Clarkson's seasons seem to run on an annoyingly familiar script:

1) Slow start
2) Hot as Hades after Christmas
3) Finish in the top 3.
4) Lose at Lake Placid.
5) Lose in the first round of the NCAAs.

So far, things continue as expected. :-\

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - [log in to unmask] - http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards
            "When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine University."