Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 19:45:53 -0700
The Terriers send the Black Bears into hibernation, 6-0

Although BU clearly had the abilitiy tonight to fill up the net with the
puck, I think the nod definitely needs to go to the defensive dogs covering
the ice, including Laroque who was forced to come up big quite a few times.
This is not to imply that Maine's offensive group was firing all of its
cylinders, as they were unable to convert on either of their two 5-3
advantages.

Once BU was up by 3, I don't think I've ever heard the Alfond crowd be so
quiet -- I guess the fans were really expecting a much bigger performance
out of the Maine squad tonight. Then again, so was the media, and I bet
most of the users on Hockey-L.

Oughtta be interesting to see if another week goes by without BU ranked at
the top spot in the polls. Can't wait to see (hear) the BU-UNH matchip next
week!

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)

ps: It seems Edward Moller's comments about Corbett and Ryan reached the
announcers themsevles, as they explained on the air that their stars of the
game are awarded exclusively to BU players for the basis of tabulating
awards for the players at the end of the season. In fact, they even led
into this fact by stating "...and for you fans listening over the internet,
it seems there has been some unrest over how we award our stars..."

Gotta love the net, baby.