From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 23:11:19 -0500
In one of the more lop-sided games I have seen recently,
RPI rolled over Dartmouth 7-1 tonight at the Houston Field House
in the ECAC opener for both teams. I attended the game with
a group of old friends and as a result will have to leave
most of the game details to others. The few facts I do
remember was that RPI's first line of Healey-Garver-St. Hillaire
was flying all night with St. Hillaire getting the hat trick and
Matt Garver adding 2 of his own. RPI had 47 shots on goal while
Dartmouth had 14.

In my admittedly biased opinion, the score makes the game seem
closer than it was. RPI dominated every aspect of play and
Dartmouth just didn't seem to be able to put any coherent
offense together the entire night. It appeared to me that
RPI laid back after the second period (they finished the 2nd
up 6-0) or the score would have been worse.

RPI has played 4 games prior to tonight against nationally
ranked competition while Dartmouth has only 1 game (I believe)
so far this year against Army. The difference in game readiness
was apparent all night as Dartmouth didn't seem to be able
to put anything together. The Big Green goalie (sorry, I didn't
catch his name) was Dartmouth's one bright spot as he pulled
numerous sure-goals out of mid air with one of the quickest
glove hands I've seen recently.

Other scores announced at the Field House:
Union 1  Vermont 0
Yale 2   Clarkson 1
Mark Lewin
RPI - class of '69