From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:20:38 -0500
HSC ... stands for "Here's Some Coverage!!!"

If everyone who posted on college hockey coverage
would post on college hockey, we'd have some good
stuff to read.

Without further ado ...

Watching Koehler last Friday night was really
encouraging. Greg displayed a remarkable poise and
a strong command of his game. I may have caught
him on top of his game, but if this is any
indication of what we'll see this year ... he
could go from HockeyEast "Rookie Of The Year" to
"Player Of The
Year"!

Ok, so that is likely overstating things, but
there's definitely no doubt he should be exempt
from the sophomore jinx. Koehler looks to have
improved his
game and he may be coming into the potential
"greatness" that was prognostigated in Ken
Dryden's "Home Game". Anyone know where I can get
a copy of that video?

One thing that was evident on Friday was a return
of the adept faceoff skills he was displaying for
the first half of last season. Another was a
strong
command of the puck in high traffic situations.
He'd simply slide the puck between the legs of an
attacker and regain control on the other side ...
all from a position where he was standing still! I
may sound over-zealous but that could be because
this kid quickly became my favorite player on my
favorite
team early last year and he's continued to
impress. Does he remind anyone of the last Lowell
player to wear #11 ... you know, that guy who had
18
power play goals in 94-95.