From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:29:00 EST
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would be interested in knowing how college hockey plays in Peoria
> and Colorado Springs.

I can't tell you about Peoria or CS, but I can tell you about
Washington, DC having lived here for 23 years.  The Washington Post
basically ignores it.  Only rarely are scores even published.  The
last couple of years, there have been short articles about the Beanpot
(why I don't know), and there is an article or two at the time of
the NC$$ tourney.  Besides that there may be an article on one of
the local club teams (Maryland, Navy, etc.) once a year.  That is
about it.

What we do have is one rather weird UHF TV station (53 in Goldvein,
VA which is in the distant suburbs) that has for the last couple of
years been the only station in the country to carry all eight first
and second round tourney games.  They also have carried the ECAC
tourney as well as some other games.  Why they do this I have yet to
figure out as they never seem to reach their contribution goal, but
I am certainly quite grateful for it, and I have supported the
station for the last three years.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74