From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:34:54 -0800
On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:46:25 -0500 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Well, the newspaper that doesn't seem able to give me any college hockey
> scores on Sunday from Saturday's games has put together a College Hockey
> section.

Let's give credit and blame where it's due.  The Boston Globe does in
fact include college hockey scores in the Sunday edition for both the
east and the west.  New England based games are given blurbs among all
the other college sports coverage.  The Beanpot schools are frequently
featured in full-blown game reports.

The problem the Globe does have is putting the Sunday paper to bed early
for those readers just outside of the city.  Lots of out-of-town scores
for all sports is lacking because of an early press.

Face it, folks.  This list, the INFO list, and the web sites are the
best sources of information we have.  As long as hockey -- particularly
the college game -- is a regional sport, the mass media will always
overlook us.  Be thankful for whatever attention it offers.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller