From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:43:19 -0500
Troy wrote..
> i've seen the ad for this magazine on us college
> hockey online.
> does anyone subscribe to this?
> what do you think of it?
> is it worthwhile?

Yes, I subscribe to it, but I'll only recommend it with lots of "buts".

The mag gives pretty broad coverage and has good feature articles with
plenty of color glossies.  Unfortunately, it uses lots of space for
stats and standings that we viewers of Hockey-L and USCHO will find out
of date.  It also seems that reporter John Gilbert can't help but let
his biases loose in most articles (you'd think I'd be used to that,
given the sports editor of my local newspaper).

The mag used to be *really* late with each issue, but seemed to tighten
things up a bit last year.

What are you looking for in a printed college hockey mag?  If you
discuss it here, word will get back to the editors.

Wayne T. Smith                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS          University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists