Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 18:12:04 -0600
At 10:31 PM 10/17/97 -0700, Dan Hannon wrot
e:
>Oct. 17, 1997-- BC defeated Bowling Green tonight 3-2.

>        There's one thing I don't understand...why the third period was split
>into two 10 minute halves? Does anybody know what's up with that?

I remember going to a bunch of BU-BC games there where Parker would request
that when the puck does stop (faceoff or goal) closest to the 10:00 mark of
the third period, the teams switch sides, so that one team's bench and/or
penalty box didn't have some kind of "advantage" in being closer to the
opposing goal.

I also remember seeing this on an old NHL (coulda been Canada Cup) tape
where one of the sites had both penalty boxes on the same side of the
centerline, which meant that one box was considerably close to one end of
the ice -- and the teams switched ends halfway through the third.

But if they merely split the third period in half tonight without changing
ends, then I dunno what to say.

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)