From:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:33:49 -0500
> Speaking of North Dakota, how is life there since the floods there this last
> spring?  Any problems on campus and Engelstad Arena?

There were a lot of problems on campus (which is I'd guess 2 miles from
the river), most of which were fixed before school started this fall.  In
fact, they say that all summer classes went as scheduled in their normal
classrooms.  It wasn't as bad as most of the city, although the coulee
that runs through campus did some damage, too.

Englestad Arena, as far as I know, suffered no damage.  When I see lists
of damaged University buildings, Englestad was never listed.  Also, when I
look at arial photos, the area around the arena is high and dry.

That's the university and hockey point of view, I'll leave "how's life"
up to someone else.

Kirk