From:
Steve Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:40:18 -0400
Forgive me for asking but this is relevant to the post college play of
college players.

James Evans said on 10/15:

>Bonin incidentally was just demoted from the IHL to the AHL.

I have not followed pro hockey much since the movie Slapshot came out.
However, in the old day the AHL was the top minor league.  How does the IHL
fit in?  Is it a step up from the AHL or a parallel universe for players
not under contract to NHL teams and assigned to an affiliated minor league
team?  Are any IHL teams affiliated with NHL team?

Boy I sure as a lot of questions for someone from Upstate New York.

Steven Rockey
Mathematics Librarian
115 White Hall
Office: 255-5268