From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:07:20 -0500
On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Jennifer L. McClellan wrote:

>     Hey all---I'm pretty suprised nobody has mentioned the rule change
> preventing visiting teams from wearing light colored jerseys.  The
> wording seems pretty obviously directed at Michigan  since the examples
> of illegal visiting jerseys given are "...white, yellow, gold, or light
> blue." [...]
> never liked the jerseys it doesn't seem fair to so obviously target a
> specific team.  Any thoughts from the Yost crowd?

It seems to me that they are just trying to avoid possible sweater
conflicts, by ensuring there is a "light" team and a "dark" team. Since
it's possible for a team to pick gold as its home jersey colour, you
could potentially run into problems.

That said, I'd ban yellow jerseys for home *and* away teams. They just
make me cringe. :-) (Of course, I'm probably scarred for life by having
been a Vancouver Canucks fan in the early 80s.)

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - [log in to unmask] - http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards
            "When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine University."