From:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 15:06:18 -0400
Thanks to Dave Fischer for his prompt posting of the box.  Much
appreciated, as always!

I'd appreciate comments on a couple things from anyone who saw
the game.

> Officials:  Referee - Buzz Christensen;  Assistant Referees - Joe Romano,
> Sean Jacques

Couldn't help noticing Buzzy's name in the ref position.  Any comments?
Also, did any of the "assistant refs" call penalties? (Just wondering, given
the comments last year on how effective the assistant ref designation has
been... and this game seemed to have enough penalties that it's likely there
were opportunities for the assistant refs to call some.)

BTW, the WCHA Official's page on the web needs some updating...
it still shows a group of linesmen for games "at MTU and NMU" (which
leads to me believe that it is still last year's information.)

>         P25 MTU-10 Devin Hartnell (5-Checking the Goalie)       14:33
>                      Served by Austyn Kryzer
>         P26 MTU-11 Devin Hartnell (2-Roughing)  14:33
>                      Served by Austyn Kryzer

I'd be really interested to hear why Hartnell didn't serve the penalties... was
he injured?  If so, why didn't Laurentian also get a penalty on the play?  Just
wondering, since the box doesn't "make sense" at first glance.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

- Garrett Lanzy (MTU '84, Go Tech!)