From:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 14:52:53 EDT
As the preseason polls are starting to appear, I found myself recognizing
many of St. Lawrence's non-league opponents.  Coach Marsh has always said
he'd rather play a tough schedule - looks like he might accomplish that this
year.  Below are SLU's non-league opponents along with preseason ranks
(TSN and Goeff Howell's).  All but the last two games are on the road.
Two 2nd round tourney opponents are only possibilities.

                            RANK
                          (TSN,Howell)
  vs Colorado College      ( 3, 3)
  at Maine (possibly)      ( 7, 9)
  at Miami                 ( 4, 5)
  at Miami                 ( 4, 5)
  at BC                    (12,14)
  at BU                    ( 2, 4)
  vs Michigan (Great Lakes)(10,10)
  vs Mich State (possibly) ( 9, 8)
     UNH                   ( 6, 2)
     UMASS Lowell          ( *,20)

Combine this with a season that starts with 7 straight road games (including
at Clarkson), before opening at home on Nov 21st against ECAC
preseason #1 Rensselaer, and I think that Joe may have fully accomplished
his goal of setting a challenging schedule!

Robin Lock