From:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 12:03:48 -0400
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Read the press release on the ECHA page (www.echa.com) and there is a
> very interesting note neat the bottom that Empire and NESN will have an
> ECAC TV package as "The Road to Lake Placid".  The details will be
> announced this week (if I remember correctly).

Thanks for pointing this out, Joe.  My cable system just picked up
Empire last month, so my ability to view college hockey on the tube just
went up by about 2000% over past years!  And I'm sure the knowledge
gained will come in handy during the Phrozen Phour in Boston.

(Note to my WCHA and CCHA friends:  no, I'm NOT defecting, my heritage
is still in the west!! :-)

> Being an ECAC fan, I'm estatic that we're getting New England exposure on
> NESN.  But, I ask myself, why would NESN, who dropped college hockey over
> $$$, pick up another college hockey league, and an (in the eyes of most
> of the country) inferior league?

I'd have to guess $$$ is the answer... it's probably a lot cheaper for
them to pick up the ECAC from Empire than to produce their own HE games.

> 9 days to Team Cheerios.

Drop the puck!

Garrett Lanzy (Michigan Tech '84, let's go youse Huskies!)