From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 21:36:40 -0400
With the start of the (pro) hockey season tonite, I was curious as to the
list members' opinions as to an "all-star" list of current players on NHL
rosters who were previously in the NCAA.  Some ground rules on your
nominations:

Name a full "starting" line - center, two forwards, two defencemen, goaltender;
Players must be on team's opening night 97-98 NHL roster (signed or unsigned);
Player need not have graduated nor have been in school for the full college
term

The last two items we'll call the Paul Kariya rules.

E-mail to the list, or privately to me, and I'll compile your nominations
over the next week or so, or until the thread dies out, and put up the
results (hey, you can follow along with me).

The results should help me in my periodic arguments as to whether the
juniors prepare NHL players better than American colleges,  or whether the
nominees could beat either roster in the upcoming new NHL All-Star game
format (Canada v. the Rest of the World).

Disclaimer:  I'm a University of Maine graduate, and 10-year Boston Bruins
season ticket holder.   Needless to say, I expect better things over the
next season.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy should be in Boston ***