From:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 07:45:01 -0400
Any speculation and/or knowledge as to whether there will still be a
consolation game at Placid (upping the Placid schedule to five games) or
not?  Four games over three days would be a drag (particularly for the
fans), as far as I'm concerned.  Five in three could be a different
story....  Either way, I'm skeptical that the Thursday game will draw very
well unless Clarkson, SLU, or UVM are in it - most fans from teams 1-3
won't bother to show up until Friday.  If there's no consolation game, two
teams (loser of 4-5 and loser of 2-3) only play one game - this could
discourage some people from attending (well, I could go up to Placid, but
my team might only play one game, so I guess I won't bother).  Obviously
I'm not talking about hockey-lers there, but those less fanatically
endowed.

Glad to see that Cornell is in most polls' top 3 - top 4 just ain't good
enough any more!

Let's Go Red!

Robb Newman