From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 05:55:47 EDT
It is mentioned on the Clarkson hockey web page that the ECAC is going
to a Final-5 playoff format similar to the WCHA.  The source given was
the Schenectady Daily Gazette, but by the time I located the Daily
Gazette, they had updated to the next day's paper, and they apparently
don't keep old news on the web.  Does anyone have any independent
confirmation of the change in the ECAC playoff structure?

Needless to say, this means that Tuesday night 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 games
will disappear and as in the WCHa the first round will be 1 vs 10,
2 vs 9, etc.  I assume that the first game in Lake Placid will be 4 vs 5
after reseating, but does anyone know this for certain?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74