From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 22:58:50 -0400
Ladies and Gentlemen,

II am pleased to announce that we have selected Tom Rowe as the new
HOCKEY-L Administrator effective immediately.  Tom has been a member of
the college hockey lists since their inception, but has more recently
been found on HOCKEY3.  Tom brings a very exciting new perspective to
the college hockey lists, and I know that Wayne, Bill, Peter and myself
are very happy to have him on board.

Perhaps it is only appropriate that Tom takes over today, September 15.
 Eight years ago today Mike Machnik started the "College_Hockey" list
that later became HOCKEY-L and moved to the University of Maine System
under the guidance of Wayne Smith.  Happy Birthday HOCKEY-L!

I want to also publicly thank those of you who inquired about the
administrator position and hope that you'll assist Tom has he becomes
acclimated to his role as Administrator.  Hopefully Tom will take a few
minutes to post an introduction to the list and that you will all
welcome him as you did me.  I'm confident he'll do an excellent job.

Likewise this is my final duty as HOCKEY-L Administrator.  I want to
give a special thanks to Wayne for all the help during my term.  Wayne
is an incredible asset to these lists and I couldn't even count the
hours he spends making sure everything runs smoothly.  Wayne is the
glue that holds this together and I don't believe gets enough credit
for the work he does.  Thanks Wayne!  And thanks to everyone for your
support, I appreciate it.

Let's DROP THE PUCK already!!!

cheers,

--
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Instructional Technologies, University of Maine