From:
Carl Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:41:49 -0400
According to a friend of mine who's a trademark lawyer at the US Patent and
Trademark Office, if the owner of a trademark does not attempt to defend it, it
can be lost.  This may be what the UNO folks have in mind.

This is something which can affect trademarked names like Rollerblade, Xerox,
or Kleenex, which people use all the time as generic names, but I sincerely
doubt that any college hockey team has anything to worry about.

<snip>

--
Carl Ford  BU '93                                            (202) 767-6418
ICM Mechanical Engineer                                  FAX (202) 404-2057