From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:52:41 -0500
As far as I know, there is no federal law's governing logo useage as it pertains
to the Internet.  But, as a frequent browser of the Internet and as
Webmaster of my own college hockey site, I can tell you that many
fan-operated unofficial web pages have school (and league) logos on them
and you don't hear much about them.  This would suggest that the "owners"
of the logos don't have any legal ground to stand on when it comes to
forcing independent pages to take the logos off.  It's sounds absurd to
think that a college athletic department would waste time pursuing legal
action against non-profit, fan-operated web sites over a school logo.
But I guess it is an absurd world! :)

Brian.

"WWW Freedom Fighter!"
Fighting Sioux Hockey