From:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:38:03 -0500
First, a note of thanks to everyone who responded to my original rant.
Your support was most appreciated.

Here's the update:  The word has come down.  If I want to use the logo,
it'll cost me 250 beans.  No thanks, UNO.

You'd think with a startup program (granted, a startup program with first
season sold out in advance) would like a little free advertising.  Guess
not.  They don't want to include me in their press releases ("we prefer to
send them just to the 'real' media, like radio, tv, and newspaper") and
are extremely reluctant to give me any info on the team (an about-face,
actually as they were initially receptive to me), so I'll have to release
on what I can gather myself and what I hear second-hand.  Apparently they
think their Athletic Dept web site (at this point, still non-existant)
will be the definitive store of Mav hockey info.  If it's as
well-maintained as the University's general site, they'll fall short of
that goal.

So, anyhow, I think I've got a fairly good case for "fair use" of the
logo.  I'm just going to mull it over for a few days and decide whether I
really want to "get into it" with them, or just take the high ground (my
gut says "go for it", but happily it doesn't have the only vote)...

Sorry again for the public rant.  Just thought those that were interested
would like to know...

Bitterly Disappointed,
Joel

Joel Mack ([log in to unmask])                         Omaha, NE
Home Page: http://www.tconl.com/~jmack
The UNOfficial UNO Maverick Hockey Home Page:
   http://www.mavhockey.com