From:
Tony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:12:49 -0500
Joe LaCour wrote:

> If this is the end of his skating days, did he say anything
> about coaching?  USHL or an assistant job somewhere??

Hartman asked him about being involved in the St. Paul NHL team, and
Broten said that whenever he was done playing, he would probably take a
year or two away from the sport, maybe watch the Stanley Cup finals, and
possibly come back to the sport in some way.

Ryan Bowman wrote:

> Neal Broten is now living in River Falls, Wisconsin on a horse farm.
> That's what I read in the AP article.

The horse farm is apparently his wife's business.

I also forgot to mention that Broten said he talked to a Dallas
reporter, happened to mention that he hadn't heard anything from the
team, said he might retire if he doesn't hear anything, and that's where
the newspaper story that he was retired came from.  Broten seemed a
little peeved that the guy worte that, and he also said that there's no
way he would tell a reporter from Dallas first.  Any media that he would
tell would be from Minnesota first.

Tony