From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:55:35 -0700
John H. makes some excellent points about Bill Muckalt.

We now have nominees from three out of the 4 major
conferences - the ECAC is absent.

Being an ECAC grad and (somewhat) booster, l'm hard
pressed to come up with anyone in the skater category that
will rival Crowley, Drury or Muckalt.  However, the ECAC is a
goalie's league and I think has 3 of the best (the best?)
netminders in the country.  They are Dan Murphy (Clarkson),
Jason Elliott (Cornell) and Trevor Koenig (Union). One of
these three will be a finalist and, depending on how well his
team does during the season, could be counted in the top 4
come April 3, 1998.

Having said all that, is there a wunderkind ala Kariya out
there who will blow all of this speculation out of the water?
Ah, that's what the regular season is for.

Sidebar -

For those who looked at the fine print on the USCHO article
announcing the MAAC hockey league, you may have noticed
that Adam Wodan has a new job as the play-by-play
announcer of the Quad City Mallards of the United hockey
League.

Wherever Quad Cities is (are?), I wish Adam luck and hope
that college hockey reports will still be heard from him on
ATR.

Joe
Clarkson '77

Still waiting for (a) Clarkson winning the NCAA's
  (b) Red Sox winning a World Series
  (c) Wash. Capitals winning the Stanley Cup.
which will happen first?  Dial 1-888-555-OOPS to find out.