From:
Ryan Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:20:30 -0500
3 years, $1 million.   Is there a signing bonus included in that?  I would
assume so.  Crowley said that it would take a lot to make him leave before
his senior season.  I'm thinking this may not be what he's looking for.
Chances are he would play most of the season in Baltimore (AHL).  The
money will be there for him following his senior season and he has
mentioned how he feels about a shot at the national championship.  Not to
mention the other honors he could receive.  He is one point away from
tying the all-time point record for defensemen at Minnesota I believe.  He
could become the first three-time All-American at Minnesota.  And he has a
shot at the Hobey Baker.