From:
Steve Harbula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:15:07 -0500
I recently interviewed former D.U. forward Charlie Host.  He spent two
years with the North Iowa Huskies before going on to college.  When I
asked him why, he said that he had always dreamed of playing Div. I
hockey but had not been recruited out of high school.  Playing two years
in the USHL gave him a chance to mature mentally and physically while
keeping all his eligibility.  He then went on to play four years with
the Pioneers.

I'd imagine his story is fairly common.  He'd been told that 50% of the
players in the juniors go on to Division I, so he gave it a shot.

The entire two-part interview is posted at
http://colicehockey.miningco.com/library/weekly/aa071697.htm and
http://colicehockey.miningco.com/library/weekly/aa072397.htm

Steve Harbula
Mining Company College Ice Hockey Guide