From:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:48:11 -0400
So what are we trying to say, UND is to college hockey what George Bush was to
politics (he wasn't as bad as Dukakis).  I don't buy it.  There were several
talented teams last year in college hockey.  Maybe there wasn't a team that
could stand up next to Maine in 92-93 or the undefeated teams of Cornell and
Clarkson in the 1950's, but I didn't perceive a lack of talent in college
hockey.  Michigan had an excellent team along with BU and Clarkson.  The bottom
line is that all 3 of these teams crumbled under the pressure.  In the
paraphrased words of Tommy Lasorda (for those who watched Sportscenter), UND is
the National Champion and nobody can take that from them.  Let's not try to in
this forum.

Regards,
Dan Olsen

IBM Global Services, Managed Operations North
CSR, Fishkill Building 300 3R10-84
Phone:  914-892-1661,  Tie Line:  532-1661
IBM Mail:  DOLSEN @ IBMUS or IBMUSM08(DOLSEN)
Internet Mail:  [log in to unmask]

        08/04/97 06:39 AM
Please respond to [log in to unmask] @ internet