From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:43:47 -0400
>    Cornell

Unless this is a recent addition or an exhibiton game, Cornell does not
have Niagara on their schedule so this is going to be a rather one-sided
contest.  Maybe Chris Harvey will come out of retirement for some *real*
5-on-0 breakaways...
(Cornell *did* have one open slot as of June, dunno if they filled it with
Niagara).

> What kind of league shift do you think we'll see? HockeyEast takes
> Vermont and ECAC takes in Niagara makes about the most sense.

There are major philosophical differences betw. HE and ECAC schools which
mean that teams won't migrate betw. the conferences.  Having said that,
given their approach and academics Vermont is probably the most "Hockey
East like" of the ECAC member schools, and the geography isn't bad either,
so I suppose this is possible.

Of course, anything's possible.  (See hockey-l archive rumors of each
member school defecting to Hockey East over the past 7 years...)  If
Niagara were admitted along with Penn, we could see bifrucation of the ECAC
into 2 7-team divisions, Ivy and Non, and...

oh geez now they have me doing it...  it's fun, but these days reality's
more fun.

Greg Berge
Let's Go Red!
"Just count the rings"