From:
Jeff Dereszynski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Dereszynski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:55:29 -0500
>In the meantime, they have signed contracts with the Lumberjacks.
As I understand it, the Lumberjacks are not currently affiliated with
an NHL team.

you are correct. the NHL only has ONE affiliated team in the IHL,
Dallas Stars use the Michigan K-Wings.

>Bottom line: if they are signed by an NHL team that has an IHL
affliliate, they could be sent to that IHL affiliate, the AHL, or
play in the NHL.  If
 they get signed by an NHL team that does not have an IHL afflilate,
the Lumberjacks is the only IHL team they can be sent to (but they
could still
 be sent to an AHL team).
actually, since the Lumberjacks own the IHL rights to those players,
the 'Jacks could trade them or loan them to other IHL teams.

jeff
---
Official Lightmare Website:
http://www.execpc.com/~settie/
soon to be changing to www.Lightmare.com
Co-commish - ISHL
GM - SPHL Chicago Cobras
GM - IFL Tulsa Tempest

1997 IHL Turner Cup Champions - Detroit Vipers
Turner Cup MVP - #12 Peter Ciavaglia
IHL Rookie Of The Year - #30 Sergei Samsonov