From:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:33:24 -0400
Neither Perrin nor St. Louis were drafted.  The Burlington (VT) paper
reported that one of them (Perrin?) is in the Ottowa Senators' training
camp; the other is in another NHL camp which escapes me.  They figured that
there was no way an NHL team would take the risk of signing two "small
forwards," so they'd better split up while trying to make the NHL.  In the
meantime, they have signed contracts with the Lumberjacks.  As I understand
it, the Lumberjacks are not currently affiliated with an NHL team.

Bottom line: if they are signed by an NHL team that has an IHL affliliate,
they could be sent to that IHL affiliate, the AHL, or play in the NHL.  If
they get signed by an NHL team that does not have an IHL afflilate, the
Lumberjacks is the only IHL team they can be sent to (but they could still
be sent to an AHL team).

Robb Newman

> From: Rob Cornelius <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Perrin & St. Louis
> Date: Thursday, July 24, 1997 4:53 AM
>
>         According to the AP Transactions wire for Wednesday, former
Vermont stars
> Martin St. Louis and Eric Perrin have signed to play for the IHL
Cleveland