From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:13:56 -0400
Good question, Bill. I think we might be opening a can of worms here.
There probably is a whole slew of rules governing the eligibility factor.
I thought I read about some European player drafted who was 23. Any
chance this could happen?

Shock of the draft - Blake Bellefeuille not drafted. He's taking the hardest
route to get attention - Public high school (Framingham, where he set
state scoring records) and US College. But, he played well in the juniors
and did well in HockeyEast. How can someone so close to Farkas in
performance get such a different draft postion. Granted, Farkas is bigger
and more talented ... but its amazing no team saw fit to draft Blake.
What's the chances of him going next year? BC better hope he's a happy
camper come October, they don't need a kid with a major chip on his
shoulder. Especially with Fraks, Mottau and Caufield all getting their
needed recognition.

- Paul.

>>> Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]> 06/23/97 11:59am >>>
Question:  what's with the 17-year-olds in the draft?  (Thornton, Marleau,
etc.)
I thought the age limit was 19.  Or is that only for drafting college/college-
bound players?  Or do the younger players declare, as they do for the
NBA draft?

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"There are eight hundred thousand Canadians living in Southern
California, and
 I've just found out why.  They hate hockey."
-- Jack Kent Cooke (1913-1997), former owner of the Los Angeles Kings

[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information
List.