From:
"Dr. Tim Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Tim Newman
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:31:57 -0500
Ralph Baer wrote:

>IX makes this relevant.  According to the Guide there are currently a
>grand total of ten (yes, 10) athletic scholarships being awarded for
>Women's Ice Hockey.  These are as follows: Northeastern 4, New
>Hampshire 3, and Providence 3.  This is in contrast to about 35 schools
>that each give 18 scholarships as well as a few Div-II teams (e.g.,
>Alabama-Huntsville), that give lesser amounts.  (You know, there is a
>lot of interesting data in the College Hockey Guide.  Too bad it came
>out so late.)

Since Ralph mentioned UAH, I thought I'd note that UAH does not have
a football program, so the school may be in or close to Title IX
compliance.  The school has also recently added women's softball,
and I know that the school set aside money in the U  budget to
fund softball scholarships .

Tim Newman