From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 16:20:45 -0400
Bad move, Shawn Walsh! This kid could be a serious detrement to moral.
A gamble I wouldn't take. Shawn, you aren't trying to piss-off Jack
Parker, are you? Coach Parker is the type of guy I imagine would like to
see Brendan Walsh do well despite their differences ... so not much of a
chance there.

Good move, Brendan Walsh!

Well, maybe this kid has grown up a bit. I think Walsh is one of the
nastiest players in the nation ... something I haven't found to be common
in Maine players. He's certainly talented and feisty ... he'd make a good
addition to UNH.

To Brendan's credit, he had certainly shown some discipline during the
first half of last year ... something BU's Coach Parker must've been
appreciating. Walsh was quite successful at staying out of the penalty
box. But, his second half deteriorated ... and finally Parker gave him the
boot ... for off-ice violations from what was reported.

Now does the NCAA look more favorably on a transfer player who has
been removed from his school's roster as opposed to a player the school
may want to keep (aka Lovell)?

Imagine Brendan contacting hated arch-rival Boston College! Even more
hilarious is imagining Michigan Admissions perusal of Brendan's
academics. (That's if Berenson let it get that far.)

- Paul.

>>> David G Babbitt <[log in to unmask]> 05/27/97 11:48am

The following story is from US College Hockey Online.

Former BU forward Brendan Walsh, who left the Terriers hockey
squad during last season after a series of differences with
head coach Jack Parker, has elected to transfer to the
University of Maine, according to the Bangor Daily News
saturday.

The sophomore center is appealing to the NCAA to have his
transfer year waived so he can compete next season for the
Black Bears.

In addition to Maine, Walsh also contacted Michigan, Michigan
State and Boston College about a possible transfer.

You can read this story on
(uscollegehockey.com/news/notesquotes.html)

David Babbitt
BU 1994

[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information
List.