From:
Chris Heisenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 15:30:30 -0400
Every year, particularly last, I engage in the "Maine is dead" thought
process, only to be proven wrong.  Having seen the proposed rankings putting
Maine number one in the nation, I say, with some hesitation, that it won't
happen.  Maine has lost Cardinal, Shermerhorn, Roenick, Mansoff and Libby,
and gained only two quality forwards (Trattnig and Kerluke). This year Maine
drops from 16 scholarships to 14.  If Maine beats out my Wildcats this year,
I propose we further reduce their scholarships to 12, and so forth -- Anyone
second my motion?