From:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 22:40:33 -0400
On ESPNews tonight during the Flyers/Sabers intermission, it was reported
that Parker has been officially offerred the Bruins job.  They also
reported that Mike Keenan is the only other coach that the Bruins have even
spoken to, so it seems they're pretty serious about giving Parker the job.
ESPN ran a clip from last year's Final Four with the story (you could see
Travis Roy's Jersey hanging in the background).

Additionally, college hockey got a lot of exposure during the game, ESPN2
even showed clips from the 1993 Semifinal with Sheilds and Snow in net, and
Shawn Walsh's presence at the CoreStates Center was mentioned as well.
Game 2 included discussion on comments from Red Berenson on Shields
"Adventurous" style in net.  Plus, nemerous mentions were made of Holzinger
as a Hobey award winner.  Wonder when they'll mention College affiliations
of many of the other important players in the series (Brind'Amour, LeClair,
etc.)

Well, the publicity is good.

Larry Weintraub,
Cornell University
Let's Go BIG RED!!!!!

Quote of the Semester:
   "Our program was coming but when we played Cornell our building just
changed.  The Cornell fans brought a lot of their chants and their
tradition to this building.  From then on, our crowd has taken off"

                --Michigan Hockey Coach Red Berenson