From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 18:09:55 -0500
>I heard on WBZ radio that Jack Parker has been offered the Bruin's coaching
>job. Parker was interviewed and he said that he would be looking over both his
>offers and that both were very good offers.  According to the radio announcers,
>the Bruins expect an answer by Monday.
>
>Sara
>SLU '77
>Let's go Saints!!!
============Reply============
This morning's Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/) quoted a Bruins'
official as saying "The job is his [Parker's], if he wants it." Parker, who
loves sailing and is not enthusiastic about losing much of his oppty to
sail by coaching in the NHL, is said to be highly ambivalent. The story
goes on to say that his ambivalence has been compounded by "how well the
meetings had gone" with Sinden and other Bruins brass.

The one thing you may be sure of is that the Bruins won't be flinging
Pitino-style bucks at a college hockey coach who is to his sport at least
what Pitino has been to college basketball.

Oh well....

--Jeff Partnow ([log in to unmask])
UAF-- Getting great in '98!