From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:49:35 -0400
Well, I've been trying to get some 1997-1998 ECAC Women's League schedules
and have found out that this coming season some of the women's games will
happen on Friday and Saturday night, just before the men's games.  For
example, Northeastern Women may be playing PC Women at 4:00 pm on Friday
in ECAC League action and Northeastern Men would follow against PC Men at
7:00 pm in a Hockey East match.  I guess it is a good idea to try to
expose more fans to the women's game.  Personally I can't see wanting to
go to that many doubleheaders.  We shall see!

The other news is that the ECAC Women's Championship (final four) may be
held in Lake Placid along with the ECAC Men.  That idea doesn't make a lot
of sense since NU, UNH and PC are not in the ECAC Men's league.  I for one
have no plans to ever revisit Lake Placid.

BTW, I am collecting women's college ice hockey team schedules for the
composite.  I am happy to include any team, but for non-ECAC League teams,
I need the schedule by November 1st, and I need someone who will agree to
supply me with results in a timely manner.

I should be posting some ECAC Women's League schedules to Info-Hockey-L in
the coming week.

/
 good shooting
 hungerf