From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 12:38:49 -0600
> From: Adam Wodon-Around the Rinks <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Re: Title IX clarification
>
> This is hyterical too -- but in a different way.  So you're saying
> let the free market rule.  If there's no opportunity, just let the
> women go to a place where there is ... well, where exactly is that
> place?  Since 99 percent of all colleges are out of compliance, then
> please tell me where that place is that's just a hotbed for women's
> sports.

Well, Adam, you have OBVIOUSLY overlooked the University of Colorado
at Colorado Springs.  We offer 10 sports at the NCAA Division II level
and are members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
        cross country, both genders
        tennis, both genders
        basketball, both genders
        men's golf and women's volleyball
        women's fast pitch softball and men's soccer
competitors, scholarship money, and staff salaries are by and large gender
independent.  Our gym seats 400 spectators and our workout room and
AD's office both double as sky boxes.

Oh, the relevance to college hockey, you ask.
The school is located in Colorado Springs, the only city in The United
States where you can see 4 (yes, 4; yes I said 4) Division I college
hockey games in a weekend.

         charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
 (719) 262-3492      (fax) 262-3369          http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~cdash