From:
Michael Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:20:49 -0400
     <Also, as I'm now living in Boston, I can confirm what was said by
previous
posters about the devotion of Boston to the Bruins.  Some people in Boston
really like BU hockey (a few of them are even unaffiliated with BU), but
the Bruins are beloved; and the next man to bring Boston a cup will indeed
take his place next to Ted Williams and Larry Bird in the hearts and minds
of the people of Boston.  Now, the next perosn to bring Boston a World
Series will have a new gospel written of him. . . :-)>
      My question to you and the others who say Jack Parker would take his
place with the greats of Boston were he to bring a Cup to Boston-who do you
remember more from the last Bruin Stanley Cup team-Bobby Orr or the head
coach at the time (his name escapes me)? I would daresay that if the Bruins
were to win a Cup within the next five or six years with Jack Parker as head
coach, the names Cameron Mann and Joe Thorton will be remembered more than
Parker. Just one man's opinion.
Mike Farrell
New England College Hockey Insider