From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 16:14:26 -0400
At 01:01 AM 4/6/97 -0500, Paula Weston wrote:
>Dear Hockey Fans,
>The sniping directed at fans by fans is useless and mean-spirited.  This
>latest rash of Michigan-bashing sounds a whole lot like kicking folks when
>they're down, which is something my mom and dad taught me was wrong.
>
>The snickering aimed at the new conference and the schools that will
>participate in it is just plain stupid.  The fans of those schools will be
>as loyal to college hockey as are the participants of this list, and more
>fan support can only be good for college hockey overall.

Paula, you took the bantering about the new D1 league too seriously. I made
a tongue-in-cheek suggestion (as opposed to my usual foot in mouth statements)
in good fun as well as a good time thread to while away the off-season. Reading
back over like comments, I don't see anything mean spirited about it, just good
natured kidding. I think all college hockey fans welcome the addition of another
league to our ranks. Its good for college hockey and by extension, its good
for all
us fans.

As to the sniping of fans against Migigan and the reciprocal Michigan fans
against the world ,  my mom taught me that if I didn't have something
good to say about something or someone, I shouldn't say anything at all.
So the following moment of silence is dedicated to my mom.....

Mark Lewin
Rensselaer (formerly RPI)
Class of '69